Reaching out for help reveals strength, not weakness.
UPDATE: We have a new service for those seeking relationship counselling called Marathon Couples Therapy. To find out more, click here.
Book in with North Brisbane Psychologists. It’s the first step to feeling better and the last step you’ll take alone.
When you’re weighed down by emotions, even expressing yourself may seem hard. When it feels like nobody around you “gets it” – we do. North Brisbane Psychologists gives you a genuinely supportive space where you are cared for, can truly be yourself, and feel better. At North Brisbane Psychologists, we create a healing path that is 100% tailored to you and your needs. We don’t believe in “one size fits all” therapy. We believe in forging your own individual path to happiness and success.
Feel relaxed. Feel safe. Get real help. Our approach helps you feel better.
At North Brisbane Psychologists, we boast a caring and collaborative culture. In the first session, your Psychologist will focus on getting to know you (and vice versa), connecting, hearing the background to your issues, getting comfortable with each other, and working with you to set some achievable goals.
Our psychologists have decades of experience addressing many issues, ranging from life-changing and distressing events to everyday problems. Each of our nine psychologists undertakes their own therapeutic practices so they can better understand your struggles and give you genuine help. You can finally feel that you “connect” with a psychologist. We believe that’s the key to real healing. So if you…
- feel stuck, lost, shutdown or emotionally out of control
- suffer from depression, low mood, anxiety or panic attacks
- are dealing with loss or grief
- are struggling in your marriage or close relationship
- have struggled with parenting or transition to parenthood
- need help with sexual problems, sexuality or gender issues
- suffer with chronic pain, sleeplessness, or concentration / memory problems
- want to heal from childhood abuse or sexual assault
- want to heal from childhood emotional neglect (CEN)
- suffer with Post Traumatic Stress or PTSD
- need help with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) traits
- need advice and support for Aspergers and ASD behaviours
- struggle with alcohol, drugs, sex, porn or another addiction
- have disordered eating behaviours such as bingeing or restricting food
- have self esteem issues or low self-confidence
- are experiencing workplace or family conflict
- are challenged at work or with career decisions…
…then Book an Appointment with a North Brisbane Psychologist.
*PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide assessments for Court Report purposes.
Relationship and Marriage Counselling
*UPDATE: We have a new service for those seeking Couples Counselling called Marathon Couples Therapy.
Whether you have repeated, unresolved conflict and can’t find resolution, or you are just growing apart, it makes sense to seek help. Our psychologists specialise in relationship counselling for Brisbane couples.
If the roof of your house was broken, you’d fix it. So why not invest in the relationships under that roof? We specialise in relationship and couples therapy. Come see us if you:
- are worried you might break up
- are having problems with children or relatives
- or your partner is having an affair
- or your partner feel misunderstood or lonely
- are angry or have an angry partner
- are needing support through a break-up.
Nahum, Jenny, Lynne, Rachel, and Pia hold Advanced certificates in Couples Therapy from the renowned Gottman Institute in the US. This therapy, known as the Gottman Method, is a skills-based therapy that complements EFCT and other approaches. The Gottman Method is the most widely-used therapy for couples. It helps you build a more solid foundation for your future. Robin is currently training in the Gottman Method.
Robin holds qualifications in Imago Couples Therapy. His approach helps couples understand how and why their underlying emotional buttons get pushed. Robin helps you deal with painful emotional hot-spots in a way that creates a deeper, more empathic connection with your partner.
Nahum, Jenny, Janet, Pia, Lianni and Lynne have training in Sue Johnson’s Emotion Focused Couples Therapy (EFCT). EFCT is based on attachment theory and helps you become less defensive, more open-hearted, and focus on the primary feelings and needs underlying conflict. EFCT is a great method to help you STOP fighting and increase emotional intimacy.