Reaching out for help reveals strength, not weakness.
Call North Brisbane Psychologists during business hours on (07) 3726 5595 or contact us by email. It’s your first step to feeling better and the last step you’ll take alone. You can expect to see one of our therapists within a few days if needed.
We have two convenient locations in Lutwyche and Aspley, with our COVID vaccination policy maximising safety. We can also see clients on telehealth if needed or preferred. Between appointments you can engage on our popular Facebook page.
When you’re weighed down by emotions, even expressing yourself can seem hard. When it feels like nobody around you “gets it” – we do. North Brisbane Psychologists gives you a genuinely supportive space where you are cared for, can truly be yourself, and feel better. We offer support tailored to your specific needs, help you forge your own path to happiness and success.
Feel relaxed. Feel safe. Get real help. Our approach helps you feel better.
At North Brisbane Psychologists, we have a caring and collaborative culture. In the first session, your Psychologist will focus on getting to know you (and vice versa), hearing the background to your issues, answering your questions, and talking with you to set achievable goals.
Our psychologists have decades of experience addressing many issues, ranging from life-changing and distressing events to everyday problems. Each of our practitioners undertakes their own therapeutic practices so they can continually improve themselves and provide you genuine help. You can finally feel that you “connect” with a psychologist. We believe that’s the key to healing. So if you…
- feel stuck, lost, shutdown or emotionally out of control
- are struggling in your marriage or close relationship
- suffer from depression, low mood, anxiety or panic attacks
- are dealing with loss or grief
- have struggled with parenting or transition to parenthood
- need a child or adolescent assessment or help with ADHD or ASD/Aspergers behaviours and traits
- need an adult assessment or advice and support for ADHD or ASD/Aspergers behaviours and traits
- need help with sexual problems, sexuality or gender issues
- suffer with chronic pain, sleeplessness, or concentration and memory problems
- want to heal from childhood abuse or sexual assault
- want to heal from childhood emotional neglect (CEN)
- suffer with Post Traumatic Stress or PTSD
- struggle with alcohol, drugs, sex, porn or another addiction
- have disordered eating behaviours such as bingeing or restricting food
- have self esteem issues or low self-confidence
- are experiencing workplace or family conflict
- are challenged at work or with career decisions…
…then Book an Appointment with a North Brisbane Psychologist.
*PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide assessments for Court Report purposes.
Relationship and Marriage Counselling
Talking with a skilled and warm professional about your relationship can be really helpful. Whether you have repeated, unresolved conflict and can’t find a resolution, or you are just growing apart, don’t settle for the status quo. It’s time to seek some help. Some of our therapists are highly trained in relationship counselling. Call (07) 3726 5595 today to find out which therapist might suit your needs.
We have helped countless couples understand how and why their emotional buttons get pushed and to manage those painful ‘hot-spots’ in order to create a deeper, empathic connection. We give you individualised support for your goals as partners to live the life you want. Whether your issues involve money, sex, parenting, addiction, poor communication, or work-life balance, a highly trained professional can help you figure out how to repair and solidify your partnership in spite of your stressors.
Also, counselling is not just for couples in trouble! Therapy specialised to your needs will guide you to keep a good thing going strong and give you tools to tackle obstacles that arise. Prioritise your union and improve your staying power as a couple by finding a good therapist. Your relationship is worth it.
For the past 10 years at North Brisbane Psychologists, we have specialised in relationship therapy. Come see us if you:
- are worried you might break up
- are having problems with children or relatives
- or your partner is having an affair
- or your partner feel misunderstood or lonely
- are angry or have an angry partner
- are needing help through a break-up
- just want to make your relationship stronger!
Danielle, Jenny, David, Michelle, Jeremy, Samantha and Rachel have (or are undertaking) advanced certificates in Couples Therapy from the renowned Gottman Institute in the US. Dora, Ann, Elizabeth, and Lianni are also trained in The Gottman Method, a skills-based therapy that complements Emotion-Focussed Couples Therapy and other approaches. The Gottman Method is a widely-used therapy for couples. It helps you build a more solid foundation for your future.
Some of us also have training in Sue Johnson’s Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy (EFCT). EFCT is based on attachment theory and helps you be less defensive, more open-hearted, and focus on primary feelings and needs underlying conflict. EFCT is a great method to help you STOP fighting and increase emotional intimacy.
Arguing never works! Couples counselling can.
At North Brisbane Psychologists we build genuine relationships with clients.
The best psychologist and best therapy for you is crafted around your needs.
We approach therapy differently
The time comes when you need to do more than just think about making changes. If you’ve tried by yourself but can’t make any real or lasting progress, getting help is the smart thing to do. Good psychologists help their clients feel comfortable and understood. At North Brisbane Psychologists, we build genuine, cooperative relationships with our clients.
We promise you will feel accepted, safe and supported. Good psychologists have a number of valuable techniques and therapies they use to help people who are suffering. We know that the best Brisbane psychologist and best course of therapy for you won’t be best for everyone. We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all therapy. At North Brisbane Psychologists, we have decades of training and use a variety of evidence-based therapies to tailor the best approach for you:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Schema-Focussed Cognitive Therapy
- The Gottman Method for couples
- Emotion-focussed Therapy (EFT)
- Compassion-Focussed Therapy (CFT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Neuropsychotherapy (NPT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Relaxation and Mindfulness-Based Techniques
- Motivational Interviewing
We accept NDIS, WorkCover and Comcare clients, as well as EAP and EAS clients. Call (07) 3726 5595 to find out which of our Psychologists is most suited to your needs. Request a call back if we do not answer.
If you’ve never felt comfortable with a therapist before, it’s time to talk to us.
We believe therapy is an art as much as a science. We don’t do “formula” therapy. We focus fully on you to tailor treatment to suit your unique problems, personality and needs. We’ll help you find the right psychologist, specialising in the right therapy for you. By investing your time and commitment in therapy, you prioritise your well-being.
The best psychologist is the one that works for you. Let one of our excellent North Brisbane Psychologists help guide your journey. Visit our Fees & Rebates and FAQs page for more information. If you would like to speak to one of our practitioners about what to expect, our individual phone numbers are on the contact page. Or leave a message by calling (07) 3726 5595 and one of our friendly Intake Team will call you back.
Zero Tolerance Policy
We have zero tolerance for overtly aggressive and rude behaviour towards our staff. If you verbally abuse any of our staff or clinicians, you cannot visit our clinic again. Sadly this has happened; hence our policy. Also, we cannot conduct therapy sessions with clients who turn up to their session clearly intoxicated.
Our Team of Caring Professionals
Anne-Marie Van Duin
Dr Jason Wessel
Dr Rachel Hannam