Reaching out for help reveals strength, not weakness.
Book an Appointment with North Brisbane Psychologists. It’s the first step to feeling better and the last step you’ll take alone.
When you’re weighed down by emotions, even expressing yourself may seem hard. When it feels like nobody around you “gets it” – we do. North Brisbane Psychologists gives you a genuinely supportive space where you are cared for, can truly be yourself, and feel better. At North Brisbane Psychologists, we create a healing path that is 100% tailored to you and your needs. We don’t believe in “one size fits all” therapy. We believe in forging your own individual path to happiness and success.
Feel relaxed. Feel safe. Get real help. Our unique approach helps you feel better.
At North Brisbane Psychologists, we boast a caring and collaborative culture. Our psychologists have decades of experience addressing many issues, ranging from life-changing and distressing events to everyday problems. Each of our eight psychologists undertakes their own therapeutic practices so they can better understand your struggles and give you genuine help. You can finally feel that you “connect” with a psychologist. We believe that’s the key to real healing. So if you…
- feel stuck or emotionally out of control
- suffer from depression, low mood, anxiety or panic attacks
- are dealing with loss or grief
- are struggling in your marriage or in a close relationship
- have struggled with parenting or the transition to parenthood
- feel lost and struggle to make decisions
- need help with sexual problems, sexuality or gender issues
- suffer with chronic pain, sleeplessness or memory problems
- have experienced childhood abuse or sexual assault
- suffer with Post Traumatic Stress or PTSD
- need help with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) traits
- need advice and support for Aspergers and ASD behaviours
- struggle with alcohol, drugs, porn or another addiction
- have low self esteem or low self-confidence
- are experiencing workplace or family conflicts
- are challenged with work or career decisions…
then Book an Appointment with a North Brisbane Psychologist.
Relationship and Marriage Counselling
When you can’t find resolution and peace, it makes sense to seek help. Our psychologists specialise in relationship counselling for Brisbane couples.
If the roof of your house was broken, you’d fix it. So why not invest in the relationships under that roof? Our psychologists specialise in relationship and couples therapy. Come to us if you:
- have repeated, unresolved conflict with your partner
- are having problems with children or relatives
- or your partner is having an affair
- or your partner feel misunderstood
- are angry or have an angry partner
- are worried you might break up
- are needing support through a break-up.
Robin holds qualifications in Imago Couples Therapy. His approach helps couples understand how and why their underlying emotional buttons get pushed. Robin helps you deal with painful emotional hot-spots in a way that creates a deeper, more empathic connection with your partner.
Two of our psychologists – Jenny and Rachel – have trained in Sue Johnson’s Emotion Focused Couples Therapy (EFCT). EFCT is a great method to help you STOP fighting and learn to express your primary emotions and needs.
Jenny, Lynne, Ingrid and Pia also hold Advanced certificates in Couples Therapy from the renowned Gottman Institute. This approach, known as the Gottman Method, complements EFCT and other approaches. The Gottman Method is a widely-recognised modality for couples therapy. It helps couples build a more solid foundation for their future. Robin, Melissa and Nahum are currently undertaking training and mentoring in the Gottman Method.