Brendan is an empathic and intuitive therapist with a warm personality and a passion for helping people heal from trauma and distress. With a background in legal and executive recruitment consulting, Brendan transitioned into his psychotherapy career in 2015. Brendan is a Registered Psychologist and Certified Radix Body Psychotherapist with extensive training in somatic and mindfulness-based therapies. Due to recent advances in neuroscience, these bottom-up, emotion-focused modalities are widely recognised as vital in trauma healing, attachment repair and improving self-regulation.
As part of his professional training, Brendan has completed over 160 hours of personal therapy work to heal himself, and this is what allows him to create a therapeutic alliance and safe growth-facilitating environment necessary for bringing about deep emotional healing in others.
Brendan works with adolescents (13+ years), adults and couples, and has clinical experience across a range of areas including:
- Chronic pain and living with chronic conditions
- Addiction – substances and behavioural
- Depression and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety and panic
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Dissociative identity disorder (DID)
- Attachment and relational trauma
- Adjustment disorder
- Vocational and career coaching
- WorkCover and occupational rehabilitation
- NDIS and Deaf community
- Religious trauma syndrome
Brendan is also fluent in Australian Sign Language (Auslan) and is sensitive to cultural, linguistic, gender and sexual diversity in working with people.
Brendan returned home to Brisbane in 2019 after living in Melbourne and Sydney for many years and travelling overseas. Brendan is passionate about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. He enjoys gym training, playing the piano and cooking meals for his friends.