A fully-registered psychologist, Jennifer works with adults and brings over 10 years counselling, coaching and hypnotherapy experience to North Brisbane Psychologists. Her passion lies in helping people with:
- Disordered Eating issues such as emotional and compulsive eating, food addiction, binge eating and bulimia, chronic dieting and self-esteem, self-care, weight management and creating healthy habits.
- Grief and loss
- Separation and divorce*
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Smoking cessation or reduction
- Vocational/career counselling, and return to work counselling after an injury (Workcover NSW/SIRA, Workcover QLD)
- Adjustment disorder, depression and anxiety.
Jennifer is skilled at applying practical, realistic, and achievable psychological principles which are tailored to meet the individual needs of her client. She helps her clients using evidence-based therapies such as:
- Eye movement desensitisation reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- Clinical Hypnosis**
Originally from New Zealand, Jennifer now lives with her family in Brisbane. She is interested in health and wellbeing, and likes nature and the outdoors. Her ultimate aim is to empower her clients to live life more freely, fully, and in a way that works just right for them.
*Jennifer does not see couples, her services are for individuals only.
**No Medicare rebate available, however some private health funds will offer a rebate for hypnotherapy.