Please note: Jennifer is a very experienced mental health professional and a provisionally-registered Psychologist until mid-October when she obtains full AHPRA registration. Her clients will then be eligible for Medicare rebates. Until then her fee is $95, which is slightly less than the usual co-payment when seeing one of our fully-registered Psychologists. Once Jennifer is fully registered, her clients will need a GP Mental Health Care Plan to obtain a Medicare rebate in order to obtain a similar copayment amount.
A provisionally-registered psychologist and accredited counsellor, Jennifer works with adolescents and adults and brings over 10 years counselling, coaching and hypnotherapy experience to North Brisbane Psychologists. Her passion lies in helping people with:
- Adjustment disorder, depression and anxiety
- Disordered Eating issues such as emotional and compulsive eating, food addiction, binge eating and bulimia, chronic dieting and self-esteem, self-care, weight management and creating healthy habits.
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- ASD and ADHD
- Smoking and alcohol cessation or reduction
- Adjustment to injury counselling
- Vocational/career counselling, and return to work counselling after an injury (Workcover NSW/SIRA, Workcover QLD).
Jennifer is skilled at applying practical, realistic, and achievable psychological principles which are tailored to meet the individual needs of her client. She helps her clients using evidence-based therapies such as:
- Eye movement desensitisation reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- Clinical Hypnosis
Originally from New Zealand, Jennifer lives with her family in Brisbane. She is interested in health and wellbeing, and likes nature and the outdoors. Her ultimate aim is to empower her clients to live life more freely, fully, and in a way that works just right for them.